An explanation of how New Relic One pricing works, and how to view and manage billing.
Starting July 30, 2020, all of our new customers are on a pricing plan that we call New Relic One pricing. Customers on our original pricing plan are able to transition to this pricing.
For New Relic One pricing, billing is based on these factors:
- The amount of data ingested. 100 GBs per month is free. $0.25 per GB ingested above that.
- The number of provisioned full users, defined as users with access to Full Stack Observability features. Basic users are free.
- For Applied Intelligence, our intelligent alert/detection system: the number of incident events above the free 1000 per month. (Note that our alerting functionality is available for free and doesn't count towards this limit.)
For a summary of what's included for free, see Free edition.
For an overview of pricing, see our Pricing page.
Keep reading for details about New Relic One pricing and billing.
For how to view and manage billing and usage in the UI, see Pricing and billing UI.
If you need more detail than the usage UI shows, you can also run queries of your usage data and set up alerts.
For accounts on New Relic One pricing, some high-level billing information is displayed in the UI. Here are some more details about how billing works:
There are two New Relic One pricing usage plans:
- Pay-as-you-go: This plan bills at the end of each month. There are no commitments and you can cancel at any time. For details, see Usage plans.
- Annual pool of funds: This plan applies to some customers who have subscribed for a year or more. For details, see Usage plans.
For some frequently asked questions, see Pricing FAQs.
To create detailed queries of your usage, and get notifications when you are close to hitting certain usage levels, see Query usage data.
If your organization is on New Relic One pricing and on the Standard pricing edition for Full Stack Observability, you can use New Relic free, forever, if you stay under the free allowed limits. Here's a summary of what Standard edition gets access to for free:
- A single account (Pro and Enterprise Full Stack Observability editions can have multiple accounts per organization).
- Up to 100 GBs of ingested data per month.
- One full user, and unlimited basic users.
- Access to alerts and Applied Intelligence (up to 1,000 Incident Intelligence events per month).
To upgrade to Pro or Enterprise, or to learn more about pricing, see New Relic pricing.
If you’re a non-profit and want to use New Relic at special pricing, see our Non-profit eligibility docs.
See Downgrade account.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.