An explanation of how New Relic One pricing works, and how to view and manage billing.
Starting July 30, 2020, all of our new customers are on a pricing plan that we call New Relic One pricing. Customers on our original pricing plan are able to transition to this pricing.
For New Relic One pricing, billing is based on these factors:
- The pricing tier (Standard, Pro, Enterprise). Higher pricing tiers give access to more account-related admin features, more support, longer data retention, and other features (learn more).
- The amount of data ingested. 100 GBs per month is free. $0.25 per GB ingested above that.
- The total number of provisioned full users (users with access to everything available at that tier). Basic users are free. Standard tier includes one full user for free, and a max of five.
- For Applied Intelligence, our intelligent alert/detection system: the number of incident events above the free 1000 per month. (Note that our alerting functionality is available for free and doesn't count towards this limit.)
For a summary of what's included for free, see Free tier.
For an overview of pricing, see our Pricing page.
Keep reading for details about New Relic One pricing and billing.
Your user role permissions determine whether you have the ability to edit billing-related settings.For users on the New Relic One user model, this requires the Billing user role. For users on the original user model, this requires an Owner or Admin role.
For how to view and manage billing and usage in the UI, see Pricing and billing UI.
You can also do in-depth queries of your usage data and set up alerts.
For accounts on New Relic One pricing, some high-level billing information is displayed in the UI. Here are some more details about how billing works:
If your organization is on New Relic One pricing and on the Standard pricing tier, you can use New Relic free, forever, if you stay under the free allowed limits. Here's a summary of what Standard tier gets access to for free:
- A single account (Pro and Enterprise tiers can have multiple accounts per organization).
- One full user, and unlimited basic users.
- Up to 100 GBs of ingested data per month.
- 100M Proactive Detection app transactions and 1,000 Incident Intelligence events per month.
To upgrade to Pro or Enterprise, or to learn more about pricing, see New Relic pricing.
There are two New Relic One pricing usage plans:
- Pay-as-you-go: This plan bills at the end of each month. There are no commitments and you can cancel at any time. For details, see Usage plans.
- Annual pool of funds: This plan applies to some customers who have subscribed for a year or more. For details, see Usage plans.
For some frequently asked questions, see Pricing FAQs.
To create detailed queries of your usage, and get notifications when you are close to hitting certain usage levels, see Query usage data.
See Downgrade account.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.