New Relic's global data hosting structure consists of two regions: the European Union (EU) region and the United States (U.S.) region. Selecting your preferred region during the account setup process allows you to specify in which region your performance monitoring data will be hosted.
Access to the New Relic EU region requires the latest agent version.
- For new customers: Install the most recent agent version.
- For existing customers: Update to the most recent agent version.
Minimum agent version required:
- Go 2.0.0 or higher
- Java 4.0.0 or higher
- .NET 8.0.0 or higher
- Node.js 3.0.0 or higher
- PHP 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Python 220.127.116.11 or higher
- Ruby 18.104.22.1682 or higher
Regions and availability
Your choice of data center is not limited by your geographic location. You can choose to create an account with data hosted in either the EU or U.S. region, regardless of where you or your systems reside. New Relic offers almost all the same active products, features, support offerings, and performance levels in the EU region as is offered in the U.S. region.
The following is not supported with an EU region account:
- Synthetics currently is not available in the EU region, but will be available in late 2019.
- Plugins is unavailable and not supported in the EU region.
- Deprecated products and features are not available in the EU region, such as Servers, legacy alerting, and availability reports.
EU region account hierarchy
If your data is currently being hosted in the U.S. region, a new account must be created to store data in the EU region. You cannot view EU data from a U.S. account, or U.S. data from an EU account, and the data collected remains separate. The data can't be aggregated or migrated between accounts.
For standard accounts, you can only have one master account. For more information, see Manage apps or users with sub-accounts.
For partnership accounts, no changes to the partnership owner account are required. However, because data cannot be shared across regions, a partnership requires a master account for each region.
- Hierarchy example for partnership accounts
With partnership accounts, a new master account must be created for any data to be host in the EU region. This hierarchy illustrates how global accounts are structured with partnership owner accounts. Data is not aggregated beyond the master account.
Example hierarchy for partnership organizations. Because data cannot be shared across regions, a partnership will require a master account for each region.
Create an EU region account
To create a New Relic account in the EU region:
Go to New Relic's EU region signup page.
If you have a specific offer from a New Relic partner, follow that link directly.
- Follow the online steps to create your account.
- From the Select your region dropdown, select European Union.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- When you receive an email confirmation message, select the link to confirm your account and sign in to New Relic. Then install or update to the most recent agent version.
API endpoints for EU region accounts
If you have an EU region account, use the appropriate endpoints to access the following New Relic APIs:
The partner API is a global API with no regional data differences. Use this endpoint for both EU and U.S. accounts:
|Browser source maps API||
Billing and pricing
New Relic's account billing process and pricing options are the same for both the EU and U.S. regions.
Operational access and processing
Application performance data is hosted in the region selected during account creation. All other information, including account information (such as license subscription information, billing, and internal monitoring) is hosted in the U.S. region and replicated in the EU region.
New Relic may access and process application performance data in the United States and such other jurisdictions where New Relic has affiliates and subsidiaries, including as may be necessary to maintain, secure, or perform the services, to provide technical support, or as necessary to comply with law or a binding order of a government body.
Data from existing New Relic accounts cannot be transferred or shared across regions, and new data generated cannot be shared with existing accounts, even in partnership accounts.
Verify your account is based in EU region
Use either of these options to verify whether your account data is hosted in the EU region's data center:
- In New Relic APM, mouse over the application name to view the URI. If it begins with
https://rpm.eu.newrelic.com/, it is an EU-based account.
- Check your New Relic license key. If it begins with
EU, it is a EU-based account.