New Relic Browser is a robust, standalone product with browser monitoring features that enhance (but do not require) New Relic APM. Before you install New Relic Browser or enable the enhanced features, make sure your system meets these requirements.
For browsers that support the New Relic UI and other New Relic products, see Supported browsers for New Relic's UI.
To report data to New Relic Browser, your application must at a minimum meet two basic requirements:
- Clients accessing the application must be able to send data to New Relic through HTTP requests. HTTPS is required for Browser Pro features.
Most typical browser applications meet these requirements, but browser applications in restricted environments, such as hybrid mobile applications or those installed on unusual hardware such as point-of-sale terminals or consumer appliances, may have difficulty reporting data to New Relic.
Instrumentation is compatible with every browser type, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, and Apple Safari. The user interface is compatible with New Relic's supported browser versions.
- New Relic cannot monitor browsers that are not compatible with SHA-256.
- AJAX timing features are not available with IE 7 and 8, Chrome for iPhone, and Chrome for iPad.
- Session traces is only reported from browsers that support the Resource Timing Specification.
- Recording PageAction events requires a browser that fully supports cross-domain XMLHttpRequests. Internet Explorer versions 9 and lower cannot record PageAction events.
New Relic APM agents
You can deploy the New Relic Browser agent for apps monitored by New Relic APM, or you can deploy the Browser agent for your standalone apps. For more information, see the installation procedures.
If you are deploying New Relic Browser for an app using New Relic APM, make sure your New Relic agent supports Browser monitoring:
- Java: Version 3.4.0 or higher
- .NET: Version 188.8.131.52 or higher
- Node.js: Version 1.4.0 or higher
- PHP: Version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Python: Version 220.127.116.11 or higher
- Ruby: Version 18.104.22.168 or higher
If you are using an established release of the Java or .NET agent as provided in your account settings, established releases earlier than the versions above support page load timing, but do not support Browser Pro features.
If your application uses AngularJS and you want to use Browser's SPA monitoring capabilities, Zone.js versions 0.6.18-0.6.24 are not compatible with that feature.
Content Security Policy (CSP) considerations
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: