Running the latest version of our browser agent ensures you can access all browser features and enhancements. To update to the latest version, check your version number, then follow the steps for either updating an APM-managed installation or upgrading a copy/paste installation.
To verify your browser version number:
- Search the page source for
The numbers that follow
nr- are your current version. For example,
js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-593.min.js indicates you are running version 593 of the browser script.
There are different agent types. The Pro+SPA agent has the format
To verify the latest version of the browser script loader:
- Go to js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-loader-full-current.min.js .
- Search for
js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-, then note the numbers that follow
If the latest version number is higher than the number of the version you are currently running, update your browser agent.
If the command returns
1, then your browser agent used the copy/paste method.
To ensure the new script registers, you may need to clear your cache. For more information, follow the troubleshooting procedures to manually check and clear the cache.
- If you have a standalone installation with a few applications, you can retrieve the snippet from the UI, and then replace it with the new version.
- If you have many applications, you can use the REST API or the loader endpoint to automate the update process.
Do not simply change the version number in the existing snippet. This can result in incomplete data collection. For best results after you use any of the following options, always update the agent.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.