Browser monitoring includes strict security measures to provide a robust, standalone product with browser monitoring features. Before you install the browser agent, make sure your system meets these requirements.
Want to try out our browser monitoring? Create a New Relic account for free! No credit card required.
To report data to browser, your application must at a minimum meet two basic requirements:
- Clients accessing the application must be able to send data to New Relic through HTTP requests. HTTPS is required for browser Pro features.
Browsers that subscribe to a disconnect list or that use content filtering extensions such as AdBlock may not be able to send data to New Relic. For example, if you are using the Enhanced Tracking Prevention disconnect list for Mozilla Firefox 69.0 or higher, you will need to change the default configuration.
Most typical browser applications meet these requirements. However, browser applications in restricted environments may have difficulty reporting data to New Relic; for example:
- Hybrid mobile applications
- Applications installed on unusual hardware, such as point-of-sale terminals or consumer appliances
Instrumentation is compatible with every browser type, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, and Apple Safari. The user interface is compatible with New Relic's supported browser versions.
AJAX timing features are not available with:
New Relic can only monitor browsers that are compatible with SHA-256.
You can deploy the browser agent for apps monitored by APM, or you can deploy the browser agent for your standalone apps. For more information, see the installation procedures.
If you are deploying browser for an app using APM, make sure your agent supports browser monitoring:
- C SDK: Version 1.0.0 or higher
- Go: Version 2.5.0 or higher
- Java: Version 3.4.0 or higher
- .NET: Version 126.96.36.199 or higher
- Node.js: Version 1.4.0 or higher
- PHP: Version 188.8.131.52 or higher
- Python: Version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Ruby: Version 220.127.116.11 or higher
If you're using AngularJS and you want to use our SPA monitoring features, note that Zone.js versions 0.6.18 to 0.6.24 are not compatible with browser. In all cases, the browser agent must be loaded before Zone.js to avoid errors.
Browser is unable to properly instrument the
This will only affect customers running tests with the Browser agent present in their code. Production applications should not be affected.
When requesting a CSP exception, follow your organization's standard procedures to contact your web or security team.
default-src directive (instead of
Add to the
Add to the