For accounts on our original pricing plan, the usage UI lets you predictably track your data usage, and see how that may affect your pricing. This document explains how the subscription usage UI works, and how you can query and retrieve the usage data you need.
To view your usage data:
- If you are an account owner or admin, you can access subscription usage data in the New Relic UI.
- If you are not the account owner or admin, you can query usage data by using the
Owner and Admins
The subscription usage UI shows how much a New Relic product is being used, and how that usage might affect your account's subscription level and pricing. For example, you can see:
- How much your organization's departments or child accounts are contributing to billable New Relic usage. This is useful, for example, if your organization uses IT chargebacks.
- How close you are to going above your Insights Pro subscription level.
To understand your product usage, use any of these resources:
- View Usage UI pages to get an overview of your New Relic product usage.
- Download usage data CSVs and use other UI features.
- Run NRQL queries or use Insights query API calls to retrieve focused usage data.
Only the account Owner and Admins can view the usage UI. However, anyone in your account can query usage data using the
To view New Relic subscription usage data:
- Go to the usage UI.
- For an overview of account usage across all products, select Usage.
- To view usage for a specific product, select its Usage page.
For organizations on our original pricing plan, owners and admins can view usage for all products, or view it by product.
Every New Relic product has its own unit of measurement to calculate usage. For example, Mobile tracks monthly active users. Aside from the unit of measurement, the UI charts and features are similar for all products.
Here are some of the general features available on New Relic usage UI pages. For product-specific UI and calculation details, see the product usage documentation.
If you want to...
Switch time range
Use the Time picker to switch between the view of the data from the current calendar month and the data from the last 30 days. All time measurements in the UI use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Switch to different account levels
On product-specific usage pages, select Download CSV to get a comma-separated value file. The columns and data in the CSV match the data shown in the UI.
On product-specific pages, the default chart view is organized by Account name. To switch to other ways of grouping your data, such as by application or host, select Group by.
Mouse over a chart and select , then select View query.
See chart segment details
To display more details on charts with multiple segments, mouse over any segment.
New Relic stores your usage data as an
NrDailyUsage event type. The usage charts have an associated NRQL query that is close to what you see in the UI.
For product-specific attributes and example NRQL queries, select a product:
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.