New Relic's global data hosting structure consists of two regions: the European Union (EU) region and the United States (US) region.
Access to the New Relic EU region requires the latest versions of our agents.
- For new customers: Install the most recent agent version.
- For existing customers: Update to the most recent agent version.
Minimum APM agent version required:
- C SDK 1.0.0 or higher
- Go 2.0.0 or higher
- Java 4.0.0 or higher
- .NET 8.0.0 or higher
- Node.js 3.0.0 or higher
- PHP 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Python 220.127.116.11 or higher
- Ruby 18.104.22.1682 or higher
Your choice of data center is not limited by your geographic location. You can choose to create an organization with data hosted in either the EU or US region, regardless of where you or your systems reside.
New Relic offers almost all the same active products, features, support offerings, and performance levels in the EU region as what is offered in the US region.
Exceptions: The following are not supported with an EU region account:
- APM's weekly performance reports are not available.
- Log patterns
- Deprecated products and features are not available.
New Relic's incident intelligence service operates solely in the US whether you store your data in New Relic's US region data center or New Relic's EU region data center, by using New Relic incident intelligence, you consent that New Relic may move and store your data in the US region.
Costs for data ingest are dependent on your data center region. For details, see the list price table.
When you sign up for New Relic, a New Relic organization is created. This is what contains all your accounts and data. When creating an organization, you must specify the data center region. By default, a New Relic organization and its accounts can only be in a single data center region. However, some customers with partnership account structures can have accounts in both regions. Some details for customers with accounts in both regions:
- Prior to October, 2022, organizations with accounts in both regions were only billed for the usage from US region accounts. Starting in mid October, 2022, these organizations will be billed for usage in both regions. The usage UI doesn't show data ingest from across data center regions: it shows only the ingest for the current account you're in and any of its child accounts.
- The top-level account for your entire partnership organization resides in a single region. When you view the usage for that account, you'll see only the data usage from the accounts in that region. To view usage for the other data center region, switch to any parent accounts in the other region and view the usage UI for those accounts.
To create a New Relic account in the EU region:
Go to the New Relic signup page.
If you have a specific offer from a New Relic partner, follow that link directly.
Follow the online steps to create your account.
From the Select your region dropdown, select European Union.
Agree to the Terms of Service.
If you have an EU region account, use the appropriate endpoints to access the following New Relic APIs:
The partner API is a global API with no regional data differences. Use this endpoint for both EU and US accounts:
New Relic's account billing process and pricing options are the same for both the EU and US regions.
Customer Data is hosted in the region selected during account creation. Systems Operations Data is stored in the US region. All other information, including account information (such as license subscription information, billing, and internal monitoring) is hosted in the US region and replicated in the EU region.
New Relic may access and process Customer Data in the United States and such other jurisdictions where New Relic has affiliates and subsidiaries, including as may be necessary to maintain, secure, or perform the services, to provide technical support, or as necessary to comply with law or a binding order of a government body.
Customer Data from existing New Relic accounts cannot be transferred or shared across regions, and new data generated cannot be shared with existing accounts, even in partnership accounts.
Use either of these options to verify whether your account data is hosted in the EU region's data center:
- In APM, mouse over the application name to view the URL. If it begins with
rpm.eu.newrelic.com/, it is an EU-based account.
- Check your New Relic license key. If it begins with
EU, it is an EU-based account.