This guide walks you through a quick and simple setup aimed at letting you use some of the most important and powerful New Relic features. It'll be most useful for small organizations with few users, or for anyone who wants to test out New Relic before doing a more in-depth, at-scale rollout.
Other options for getting started:
- For more in-depth guidance on setting up New Relic, see the Implementation guide.
- If you're confident you know what tools you want to install, see Install New Relic. You can also add more solutions after you complete this guide.
Step 1. Sign up for New Relic
Does your organization already have New Relic but you're just adding a new team or project? See Add a new account.
Step 2. Ingest some data
Our guided install auto-discovers your environment, and walks you through a recommended setup. When the infrastructure agent and APM agent are installed, log data is usually also reported (although sometimes manual configuration is necessary).
If you prefer or require a more manual approach (for example, if you need to deploy at scale), see the options below.
Step 3. Check out some dashboards
Now that you've got some data coming in, it's time to explore your environment in real time with some out-of-the-box UI views. You should see data in the Infrastructure, APM, and Logs UI pages. If you don't see that, revisit the install instructions or see Not seeing data.
Some tips on understanding those UI pages and more:
Want to build your own dashboards? To build charts, you'll need to learn to query your data.
Step 4. Add more data
If you need data from other sources, choose from our hundreds of integrations.
Step 5. Set up alerting
Want to get notifications for issues?
Note that some of the quickstarts come with alerts already set up.
Step 6. Add users
You're now ready to add the rest of your team to New Relic. Use the User management UI to add users. To learn about the different types of users, see User type. See our tutorial on adding users and managing user access.
- To troubleshoot common install issues, see New Relic Diagnostics.
- To set up a strong observability foundation, see our more in-depth implementation guide, which will walk you through installing and understanding more observability tools and features.
- Learn about how billing works
- Start learning more about how to use New Relic. Some options:
If you're on Standard edition, you may not have access to our global technical support service. To get 24-7 support, upgrade to Pro or Enterprise edition. Alternatively, use our community forum to ask questions and see answers.