As applications move towards the cloud, microservices architecture is becoming more dispersed, making the ability to monitor logs essential. New Relic offers a fast, scalable log management platform so you can connect your logs with the rest of your telemetry and infrastructure data in a single place. Watch this video (approx. 2:20 minutes) to see how it works.
Our log management solution provides deeper visibility into application and infrastructure performance data (events, errors, traces, and more) to reduce mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) and quickly troubleshoot production incidents.
Log management provides a way to connect your log data with the rest of your application and infrastructure data. You can get to the root cause of problems quickly, without losing context from switching between tools. For example, you can:
- Get relevant data across the New Relic UI that provides logs in context of issues in your apps and hosts.
- Dive deeper into log data by using our Logs UI, and create custom charts, dashboards, and alerts.
- Instantly search through your logs.
- Troubleshoot performance issues without switching between other tools.
- Visualize everything in a single place.
Want to estimate the cost of reporting your logs? Use our cost estimator tool.
To forward your log data to New Relic, you can use any of these options:
- Let your app's APM agent forward log data directly to New Relic with APM logs in context. No need to install or maintain additional third-party software!
- Use our guided install for infrastructure monitoring as a lightweight data collector for your apps' and hosts' logs.
- Select from a wide range of log forwarding plugins, including Amazon, Microsoft, Fluentd, Fluent Bit, Kubernetes, Logstash, and more.
- Send your log data by using the Log API or TCP endpoint.
- Use the OpenTelemetry SDK to send logs from your apps to an OpenTelemetry collector, which can forward them to New Relic via OTLP.
You can explore your logging data in the UI or by API:
You can also query the
Log data type. For example, use NRQL to run:
SELECT * FROM Log
You can also use NerdGraph, our GraphQL-format API, to request the exact data you need.
Access to log management capabilities is restricted by user type. For more details, see user type capabilities.
Log-related permissions are governed by several log-related capabilities.
Ready to get started with our log management solutions?
- If you don't have one already, create a New Relic account. It's free, forever.
- Enable log management with APM logs in context, our infrastructure agent, or other log forwarding solutions.
- Explore relevant log data across your platform, including errors, distributed traces, hosts, and more.
- Use our Logs UI as an easy workflow through all logs, attributes, patterns, live-tail logging, and queries. Add alerts, query your data, and create dashboards.