New Relic provides flexible, dynamic observability of your entire infrastructure, from services running in the cloud or on dedicated hosts to containers running in orchestrated environments. You can connect the health and performance of all your hosts to application context, logs, and configuration changes.
With infrastructure monitoring, modern operations teams get complete observability of complex and hybrid systems, from a datacenter to thousands of Amazon, Google Cloud, or Azure instances.
Read on to learn about our infrastructure monitoring solutions, and to see how to get started. If you haven't already, create your free New Relic account below to start monitoring your data today.
The Hosts page for your infrastructure shows performance indicators for systems, networks, processes, and storage.
Want to learn how to use infrastrcuture monitoring effectively? Try out our guided infrastructure and root causes lab.
We have a wide range of infrastructure monitoring solutions. Here's a summary:
- Our infrastructure agent for Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems.
- Our Kubernetes and Pixie integrations.
- Our cloud integrations for Amazon, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Our Prometheus integrations.
- Our on-host integrations for services like MySQL, NGINX, Cassandra, and Kafka (to name a few). Most of the on-host integrations are installed with the infrastructure agent and work in concert with it to send data.
The quickest way to get started is to use our guided install, which installs our infrastructure monitoring agent and discovers applications and log sources in your environment.
The guided install works with most setups. But if it doesn't suit your needs, check out our other install options.
Real-time metrics and analytics reduce your mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) by connecting changes in host performance to changes in your configuration. From the Inventory page you can search across your entire estate to find exactly which of your hosts contain particular packages, configs, or startup scripts.
The Inventory page focuses on all the infrastructure entities in your estate.
From the Events page you can track config changes, restarts, SSH sessions, and other key event changes. A real-time feed gives you a changelog for your entire infrastructure. Our solution securely collects and displays your data in five seconds, so your monitoring never lags behind reality.
The Events page contains a real-time feed of all that is happening in your hosts.
With our infrastructure monitoring tools you can also:
- Query your data to drill down into your infrastructure events and build custom dashboards that you can share with your team.
- Troubleshoot performance issues, no matter where the issue occurs—server-side or application-side—thanks to APM data connection with infrastructure monitoring.
- Create, view, or update alert settings directly from the relevant infrastructure chart. For example, you can create a host not reporting alert condition.
Bring your logs and infrastructure data together to make troubleshooting easier and faster! With logs in context, you can see logs of your infrastructure data, such as Kubernetes clusters. You can add as many configuration files as you need; these files will serve as the sources that push your log metadata to our platform.
You can also see log messages related to your errors and traces directly in your app's or host's UI. No need to switch to another UI page in New Relic! For more information, see our APM logs in context documentation.
If your agent doesn't support our automatic logs in context solution yet, you can continue to use our manual logs in context solutions, and forward your logs via our infrastructure agent or other supported third-party log forwarder.
Our infrastructure integrations give you access to the metrics of many popular services and systems. Our integrations include:
- Cloud platform integrations: Amazon, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
- Our Kubernetes integration, and our Pixie integration.
- Our on-host integrations, like NGINX, Cassandra, MySQL, and many more: these work in concert with our infrastructure agent.
- Make your own integration with New Relic Flex.
Our Kubernetes cluster explorer gives you a powerful and innovative solution to the challenges associated with running Kubernetes at a large scale.
To learn more about features in the UI, see Introduction to the infrastructure UI.
Do you use Datadog to monitor your infrastructure but are interested in trying out New Relic's monitoring capabilities for free? See our guide on how to migrate from Datadog to learn how.