New user model
This doc is about managing users who are on our New Relic One user model.
- User management: Use this to add users, update user type, manage what groups a user is assigned, and approve user upgrade requests.
- Access management: Use this UI to create and manage groups, roles, and access grants. Use the authentication domain UI to set up SAML SSO and SCIM provisioning.
Want to see videos of the user management UI in action? See our user management videos.
The easiest way to see what your user management permissions are is to go to the user management UI and see what you have access to.
Some user management requirements and restrictions:
- This doc is about managing users on the New Relic One user model.
- To manage groups, roles, and access grants, your organization must be Pro or Enterprise edition.
- Permissions-related requirements:
- To avoid configuration conflicts, try to ensure that only one person in your organization is managing users at a time.
- A New Relic user is prohibited from sharing their login with other people. A New Relic user can have a maximum of either three concurrent active sessions, or three unique IP addresses in use at any given time.
In the Access management UI, you can create access grants, custom groups, custom roles, and configure an authentication domain.
Here are some example user management procedures:
To use our API to manage accounts and users, see our NerdGraph tutorials.
To see an audit log of changes to your account, including user management actions, you can query the