Mobile monitoring's Crash report provides a summary and in-depth details on crashes, including:
- Device and OS breakdown
- App version
- Occurrence count
- Unique users affected
- A timeline of the interactions and events associated with the crash
- In-depth details from a sample of occurrences
View the crash report
To view a crash report:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Mobile > (select an app) > Exceptions > Crash analysis.
- From the Crash list table, select any row.
- Review the selected crash report's summary and detail information.
- Optional: Query or share the chart data.
- Optional: Export to Xcode or resymbolicate your source code for easier debugging.
- To file a ticket, select any of the options integrated with your system.
- To close the crash report: At the top of the report, select Mark resolved.
- To return to the Crash list table: At the top of the report, select Back to crash analysis.
View crash report drill-down details
Use any of New Relic's standard UI functions to drill down into detailed information. The Crash report page includes several additional options.
- Crash summary
The crash summary contains aggregated information about all occurrences of this crash:
- Crash identifier: The unique identifier for this crash, which contains information such as exception name, crashing file, line, message, and function
- Crash occurrences chart: A chart showing the number of occurrences of this particular crash over the selected time period since the first time the crash was detected
- Breakdown of crash type: A stacked bar chart showing the breakdown of operating system versions where this crash occurred or devices affected
- Users affected and occurrences: Counts for the number of unique users and number of times the crash occurred
- Occurrences count
If the Mobile agent has collected more than one occurrence of the crash, you can scroll through the samples.
- Interaction trail
The Interaction trail shows the timeline of interactions traced within the app, from the beginning of the user session to the moment of the crash. This trail can help you reproduce the user actions that led up to the crash exception.
The Interaction trail links to the associated interaction in Mobile monitoring's Interactions page. Use this link to view data about healthy, non-crashing execution of the listed interactions.
To view the last interaction that occurred before the crash, select the interaction name that appears immediately before the crash.
Each crash sample provides details about the device where the crash occurred, including:
- App version: The application version where the crash occurred
- Device type: The specific device where the crash occurred
- OS version: The operating system version of the device
- RAM used: The amount of memory used by the application at the time of the crash
- Disk free: The amount of free disk space on the device at the time of the crash
- Attributes: Details about attributes related to the crash report which you can collapse or expand for deeper analysis
If applicable, you can Export crash details to Xcode or resymbolicate your source code for easier debugging.
- Stack traces
The stack trace for the thread that generated the crashing exception appears below the crash details. Each frame of the stack shows the library or package name and the method associated with that stack frame.
The agent attempts to detect which frame of the stack contains the programming flaw responsible for the error. If detected, that stack frame appears red.
To view the state of threads other than the crashing thread, select See all threads.