Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) is a scalable container management service that makes it easy to run, stop, and manage Docker containers on Amazon EC2 clusters. Our ECS integration instruments the underlying container instance (EC2 launch type) and the container layer by reporting metrics from ECS objects. The integration gives you insight into your ECS instances, tasks, services, and containers.
one.newrelic.com > Explorer > ECS dashboard: The ECS integration reports performance data about your Amazon ECS containers.
- View your data in pre-built dashboards for immediate insight into your ECS environment.
- Create your own queries and charts in the query builder from automatically reported data.
- Create alert conditions on ECS data.
- Explore entities using the New Relic Explorer.
New Relic also offers an ECS cloud integration, which reports a different data set than our on-host integration. For complete ECS monitoring, we recommend enabling both integrations.
- Amazon ECS container agent 1.21.0 or higher.
- Windows not supported.
- This integration uses our infrastructure agent and our Docker instrumentation: applicable requirements and restrictions of those systems apply.
To install, see Install integration.
This integration is open source software. That means you can browse its source code and send improvements, or create your own fork and build it.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.