Access any dashboard to create or manage your charts directly from the chart menu, customize your dashboard's layout, adjust display modes, or export your data.
Customize your dashboard
Dashboards are highly flexible: you can tailor your dashboard layout and arrange chart sizes to optimize how you see your data.
Use the edit [pencil icon] button to:
- Rename your dashboard. Names are searchable so we recommend giving it a meaningful name.
- Create new content. Access dashboards' content editors (chart builder or markdown editor) using the Add button.
- Resize and rearrange charts. You can move any chart and put it anywhere in the dashboard so the layout you set fits your preferences: place your more relevant charts on top, or drop less used charts in a corner. You can set up to 12 columns of charts.
Other visualization features include:
- Dark and full screen modes
High-contrast mode and full screen are available in dashboards. Select the options from the upper right menu bar.
- Scrolling for full charts
Sometimes large datasets cannot be displayed in the available space in the chart or on the dashboard. Instead of truncating them, with dashboards all your data will be kept together in a single chart.
You can explore the complete table or chart with an inline scroll function when data cannot be displayed in the allocated space. These charts also have their title anchored to the top to ensure you do not lose context.
Thanks to the full charts feature you can perform single searches and queries, and are no longer required to perform them in separate tasks.
Alternatively you can use the settings menu on the upper right corner:
- To change the name of the dashboard. Names are searchable so we recommend giving it a meaningful name that will help you locate your dashboard easily.
- To modify the dashboard's permissions.
At the settings menu you can also see when the dashboard was created and the account it belongs to. These values cannot be modified.
Add new content to your dashboard
To add new content to your dashboard:
- Access the chart builder feature in the top header to create a new chart using NRQL.
- Use the Add button (accessible from the main dashboard page or in the edit mode) to create a chart using the chart builder, or to add content (such as text, links, or images) using our Markdown editor.
- Copy an existing chart from any dashboard.
Manage your charts and markdown content
From any chart, access the chart action menu on the upper right corner to:
- Expand your chart to full screen.
- Share your chart as an image or with a link.
- Copy the chart to any dashboard.
- Access the chart builder to see or edit the query associated to the chart.
- Delete the chart.
You cannot edit the query of a chart if you have Read only permissions to the dashboard.
From any markdown element, access the menu on the upper right corner to edit or delete it.
Search and refine your charts
You can narrow down the information on display using the filtering function, which is a visual representation of query conditions:
- Use the search bar to select the values or attributes you want to see, and remove the rest of the elements from the charts.
- Open the filter menu to access the boolean operators (such as
EXCLUDES, etc.) and add compound and complex conditions for filtering data.
After applying the filter, your dashboard will only show the data associated to the elements you selected. A small counter indicates how many filters are being applied at a time.
To return to the default view, click on the small cross by the filter to remove it.
Filter dashboard using facets
If a chart's NRQL query contains a
FACET clause, you can use the faceted attributes to filter the current dashboard or another related dashboard. For details, see Filter by facets.
Use the time picker to adjust time settings
By default, each chart in the dashboard will show data for the time period specified when they were created in the chart builder. However, you can use the time picker to change the time range of the data on display and set the same range for all charts. This is particularly useful while troubleshooting incidents, if you need to narrow down your data to observe what happened in a specific time period.
The refresh rate depends on the duration of the time window you are viewing. For more information and examples, see Chart refresh intervals.
To change the time range:
- Select one of the available options from the dropdown menu (ranging from
Last 30 minutesto
Last 7 days).
- Customize the time range with specific start and end timestamps using the custom menu.
In dashboards, unlike Insights, the time zone is independent from your laptop's time. You can set the time zone you want to use in your user preferences, easily accessible from the custom menu in the time picker.
Export and share your data
It is very easy to export dashboard and chart data and share it within your company and beyond:
- Export a dashboard: You can export any dashboard as a PDF file using the Export dashboard as PDF button located in the upper right menu bar.
- Share a chart: You can share your charts either as a PNG image or as a link. Go to the chart menu and select either the Get as image or Get chart link options.