To access New Relic One:
To use New Relic One and the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
Before our release of New Relic One, our platform was separated into various products, like APM, Browser, and Mobile. With our move to New Relic One, you can view and interact with all the data from across your entire system more easily. For more information, see our New Relic One transition guide.
New Relic One gives you and your teams a connected view that cuts through complexity and allows you to:
- Use the New Relic Explorer as the front door to New Relic One: observe, group, and filter the performance data from all the entities in your system. The New Relic Navigator gives you a high density overview of all your entities so you can detect any issues at a glance. And the New Relic Lookout shows entities recently experiencing behavior deviations.
- Organize your environments and manage data more effectively with tags. Use tags to illustrate relationships and contextual information for what you monitor. By thoughtfully tagging your entities, you can connect all the data your teams need to understand their increasingly complex and interdependent systems.
- View everything you’re monitoring in one place, like entities or dashboards across your organization. Cross-account access brings all types of data together while still making everything easy to find.
- Group any entities together into functional team-focused or project-focused groupings with workloads.
- Tailor custom dashboards for your unique needs. Create visuals that showcase your business needs at a glance, and make the most of your expertise.
- Get more context while you query with the query builder which surfaces data definitions as you craft and edit queries.
We provide multiple ways to understand dependencies, so you can easily see how everything fits together and troubleshoot problems.
If you want to...
Have an overall view of your system, and drill down to get performance details.
The New Relic Explorer gives you context to the performance data from all your monitored applications, services, hosts, or containers. Gain extensive visibility into each entity in your solution, its alert status, and how the entities are connected.
See how each part of your system is connected.
Service maps illustrate your upstream and downstream dependencies.
Organize everything you monitor and provide context for your entities.
Add tags to all your entities.
Understand how everything is connected via API.
The NerdGraph GraphiQL explorer manages all your entities, tags, and relationships.
Find a service or dashboard in a complex environment.
Search by name across all accounts in the unified search, or filter the explorer by tags or text
View a list of all the dependencies for a service.
The dependencies view tab in an entity summary shows all the dependencies of the entity you’re viewing.
Track activity as it moves across your distributed system.
Distributed tracing helps you analyze your modern environment.
Know which teams are responsible for specific entities across your organization.
Create tags for teams and all the services they monitor.
At the top of all UI pages, Query your data is available. No matter your level of proficiency with our query language, you can create custom queries and charts:
- Browse your data in a query-less experience with our data explorer.
- Use your NRQL (our query language) expertise to build custom charts in the NRQL mode query builder.
- Run PromQL-style queries in the query builder.
one.newrelic.com > Dashboards: Quickly create information dense custom views into the data that matters most to you with dashboards in New Relic One.
New Relic One dashboards let you build better visualizations more easily, with more options to customize. Dashboard features include:
- Perform NRQL queries and create charts and dashboards everywhere in the platform using the query builder.
- Manage your charts and dashboards easily using our quick-access CRUD menus and editing options.
- Explore and contextualize data with advanced tooltips and zoom in functions to monitor what your systems are doing in real time.
- Search your dashboards for attributes and metrics.
- Send data to your dashboards using our agents, integrations, and APIs.
- Share dashboards or charts as a .pdf, or embed a chart in an external site.
If you previously used New Relic Insights to create dashboards, these are available as New Relic One dashboards.
- Live on New Relic One, alongside your other New Relic-monitored data.
- Feature highly tailored visualizations.
- Display data from any source you want, whether from a New Relic-monitored entity or data from any service or API.
And you can use open source apps built by the community, and contribute your own open source apps.
To learn more, see New Relic One applications.
To get started understanding how to get around in New Relic One:
- See what data you have available with the data explorer.
- Browse your monitored entities with the New Relic Explorer.
- Use our NerdGraph API to add tags to your data.
- Learn about dashboards.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.