With automated user management (AUM), your users and groups in your identity provider (like OneLogin or Okta) are synchronized with New Relic.
All group administration happens within your identity provider. If your existing groups logically map to access in New Relic, we recommend sending your existing groups. This makes providing and changing access to New Relic from within your identity provider easy.
Groups, roles, and accounts
In the above example, let’s focus on the Engineers group. Via SCIM, New Relic will receive the two user records as well as the information that they belong to the Engineers group. With the current configuration, the two Engineer users have Read only access to Account 1, Standard user access to Account 2, and All product admin access to Account 3.
This access is given by creating three grants within New Relic:
- Role Read only to group Engineers on Account 1
- Role Standard user to group Engineers on Account 2
- Role All product admin to group Engineers on Account 3
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.