This document contains information on New Relic password requirements.
New Relic account passwords don't expire. However, users can change their own password and other personal account information anytime.
Your ability to change your password from the UI may depend on your user and organization level settings. To change your password from the UI: From one.newrelic.com, click the account dropdown and select User preferences. When creating a password, adhere to the password requirements below.
Your password must meet these minimum requirements:
- 8 to 50 characters in length
- At least one letter (a-z, A-Z)
- At least one number (0-9), special character, or space
Special characters allowed include
\. Spaces are also allowed.
In addition to New Relic's requirements, follow your organization's guidelines for password length, use of upper or lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
If you forgot your own password or need to request a password reset, you can use New Relic's self-service options. Admins can't reset passwords for other users. If you need to reset someone else's password, get support at support.newrelic.com, or send an email to
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.