New Relic applies appropriate taxes to your New Relic account based on your organization's billing location and tax status.
Some jurisdictions require taxes to be collected on Software as a Service (SaaS) products. New Relic complies with such requirements if we maintain a nexus (presence) in the applicable jurisdiction. In accordance with such laws, New Relic will collect and remit sales tax to the appropriate agency. As of February 2013, all customers in those jurisdictions see a sales tax line item in their credit card charges or invoices.
Services sold by New Relic, Inc. in the following territories are currently subject to sales tax:
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Africa
- South Carolina
- Washington, DC
To view or update the country and postal (ZIP) code that we use to apply sales tax:
- Go to one.newrelic.com, click the account dropdown, and select Manage your plan.
- On the right side, select Billing and invoices, and select Manage billing.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.