After your SAML SSO login is configured, tested, and enabled, all of your New Relic account users (including the account Owner and Admins) must use your organization's SSO URL to sign in to New Relic. Their email address must match what has been set up in New Relic. Also, their ability to use the SSO URL to access applications other than New Relic will depend on their permissions set in those applications.
Access to this feature depends on your subscription level.
Update SAML SSO info
To update SAML Single Sign On information:
- Sign in to New Relic by using your SAML SSO login URL.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account dropdown) > Account settings > Security and authentication > Single sign on.
- To temporarily turn off the SAML integration with New Relic and update your settings, select Disable SAML login.
- Optional: To change your existing SAML certificate, select Choose File. Follow standard procedures to select and save the file, and then select Save my changes.
- Optional: To change your existing SSO URLs, copy and paste in (or type) the Remote login URL or Logout landing URL, and then select Save my changes.
Owner or Admins
Account Owners or Admins must ensure that users' email addresses to sign in to New Relic match their SSO email. SAML authenticated users cannot change their own email addresses.
To update user information for your organization's New Relic account:
- Go to account.newrelic.com > (account dropdown) > Account settings > Account > Summary.
- From the Users list, select any of the options to add new users, edit existing users' account emails or roles, or delete them.
Troubleshoot SSO login
No one using the account, including the Owner and Admins, can sign in to New Relic directly. If you get locked out of SSO and need to disable it or change the configuration, get support at support.newrelic.com.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Add users to SAML accounts (using New Relic's SSO feature to require users to confirm their account)
- Add and update users (procedures for the account Owner and Admins to add, change, and delete account users and their roles in the New Relic user interface)
- Delete the SSO configuration (disabling your organization's SSO integration with New Relic)