Your account email is the "master switch" that controls whether you receive email notifications for the entire account. You can also select whether to receive notifications for specific applications.
Recommendation: When you create any New Relic account, use a regular email address, not a pager address. This will help ensure you do not receive messages unrelated to alert notifications or downtime.
Subscribe to New Relic emails
New Relic account users can set their own email preferences for New Relic news and announcements, special offers, weekly performance summary reports, and alerts.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account name) > User preferences.
- Optional: From the User preferences section, type your new email address or change your password, and select Save user preferences.
- From the News and announcements section, select any of the checkbox options to turn on or turn off informational emails from New Relic, including new products and features, special offers, and other newsletters.
- From the Emails per account section, select any of the checkbox options to turn on or turn off the weekly email summary reports (and billing invoices if applicable).
- Optional: Select any link to view a sample email or report.
- From the Application alerting section, select the checkbox option to turn on or turn off I want to receive alert notifications, and then follow standard procedures to select your alert notification preferences.
- Select Save email preferences.
To set your email preferences for your other New Relic accounts (if applicable): From the Emails per account section, select another account. Then repeat these steps for the currently selected account.
Select alert notification preferences
Alert notifications can be set up for all New Relic account types, including Lite, for web and mobile applications. However, error collection and alerts on error rates are available only with New Relic Pro accounts and higher.
You must be an Administrator to turn on or turn off alert notifications at the account level. Individual users can also set their own preferences.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account name) > Alerts > Application policies.
- From the Application policies section, select the checkbox option to turn on or turn off all alert notifications.
- Optional: Select the link to view a sample alert notification.
- If applicable, select Show all.
- To change settings for individual apps labeled ON, select Edit.
- Select Send or Don't send me email alerts for this application.
- Select Send or Don't send me iOS alerts for this application.
- Optional: Select the link to change other available notification settings.
- Select Save email preferences.
To update the settings for individual apps directly: From the New Relic APM menu bar, select Applications > (selected app) > Settings > Alert thresholds.
If you see the following message in the Alerts section, you cannot set your own preferences for this app. However, you can still view a list of Recent Events from the New Relic APM Overview page or a list of alerts from the Alerts index.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Changing passwords and user preferences (procedures for users to update their own information from (account name) > User preferences, including email, password, default account, etc.)
- Alerts index (a table listing alerts history that you can drill down into details)
- Other alert notification options (alert notifications to your PagerDuty, Campfire, or HipChat account, or to your webhook URL)
- iOS alerts (email alerts or push notifications to your New Relic for iPhone or iPad app)
- Unsubscribing from New Relic emails (procedures to opt out of your New Relic marketing and product email subscriptions)