New Relic offers an integration for reporting your AWS X-Ray data. This document explains how to activate this integration and describes the data that can be reported.
To enable the AWS X-Ray integration, follow standard procedures to Connect AWS services to Infrastructure.
When you've successfully connected your AWS account with New Relic:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure, and then click AWS.
- Click Manage Services to select the AWS integration you want to activate.
- Check the checkbox next to AWS X-Ray.
- Click Save.
You can change the polling frequency and filter your data using configuration options.
Here's the default polling information for the AWS X-Ray integration:
- New Relic polling interval: 5 minutes
Please allow up to 20 minutes for traces to appear.
New Relic maps X-Ray segments into span events. Once you've activated this integration, you should see AWS X-Ray traces appearing in distributed tracing.
To filter your spans, you can use the
newRelic.ingestPoint attribute. This attribute is set to
xray.polling for all X-Ray spans.
If you're using a custom IAM policy when connecting your AWS account with New Relic Infrastructure, your custom policy will need the following permissions for the AWS X-Ray integration to work:
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.