Access to this feature depends on your subscription level. Requires Infrastructure Pro.
New Relic Infrastructure's integrations include an integration for reporting your Amazon Web Services Simple Notification Service (SNS) data to New Relic products. This document explains how to activate the integration and describes the data reported.
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a managed push notification service. With New Relic's AWS SNS integration, data reported to New Relic includes:
- Messages sent and failed counts
- Subscriptions confirmed and deleted
- Additional metrics and configuration/inventory data
To enable this integration:
- Make sure you have installed the Infrastructure agent before you activate AWS integrations from your Infrastructure account.
- Follow standard procedures to Connect AWS services to Infrastructure.
Configuration and polling
- New Relic polling interval: 5 minutes
- Amazon SNS data interval: 5 minutes
Find and use data
To explore your integration data in Infrastructure:
- Go to infrastructure.newrelic.com > Integrations > Amazon Web Services.
- Select any of the available SNS integration links.
This integration collects the following metrics. For full descriptions of some of these metrics, see Amazon's SNS metrics and dimensions.
||The number of messages published.|
||The number of messages successfully delivered.|
||The number of messages that Amazon SNS failed to deliver. For more info, see Amazon SNS metrics.|
||The size (in bytes) of messages published, includes Minimum, Maximum, Average and Count.|
||The number of subscriptions pending confirmation on this topic.|
||The number of confirmed subscriptions on this topic.|
||The number of deleted subscriptions on this topic.|
The following configuration options and inventory data are available with the New Relic Amazon SNS integration.
||The AWS region that the subscription is associated with.|
||The subscription's owner.|
||The subscription's protocol.|
||The Amazon Resource Name (ARN) of the subscription's topic.|
||The AWS region that the topic is located in.|
||The owner of the topic.|