New Relic includes an integration for reporting your AWS Elemental MediaConvert data to our platform. Here we explain how to activate the integration and what data it collects.
To enable this integration follow standard procedures to Connect AWS services.
You can change the polling frequency and filter data using configuration options.
Default polling information for the AWS Elemental MediaConvert integration:
- New Relic polling interval: 5 minutes
- Amazon CloudWatch data interval: 1 minute
To find your integration data in Infrastructure, go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > AWS and select an integration.
Data is attached to the following event type:
For more on how to use your data, see Understand and use integration data.
This integration collects AWS Elemental MediaConvert data for Queue and Operation.
The number of seconds of audio-only output for a queue.
The number of seconds of standard definition (SD) output for a queue.
The number of seconds of high-definition (HD) output for a queue.
The number of seconds of ultra-high-definition (UHD) output for a queue.
The number of seconds of 8K output for a queue.
The number of jobs completed in this queue.
The number of jobs that failed because of invalid inputs, such as a request to transcode a file that is not in the specified input bucket.
The number of seconds before AWS Elemental MediaConvert starts transcoding a job.
The number of seconds for AWS Elemental MediaConvert to complete transcoding.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.