New Relic applies appropriate taxes to your New Relic account based on your organization's billing location and tax status.
Some states require taxes to be collected on Software as a Service (SaaS) products. New Relic complies with such requirements if we maintain a nexus (presence) in the applicable state. In accordance with such laws, New Relic will collect and remit sales tax to your state agency. As of February 2013, all customers in those states see a sales tax line item in their credit card charges or invoices.
Services sold by New Relic, Inc. in the following territories are currently subject to sales tax:
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York
- South Carolina
- Washington, DC
View or update tax location
To view or update the country and postal (ZIP) code that New Relic uses to apply sales tax to your account:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com > (account dropdown) > Account settings > Account > Billing.
- Select the Update optional billing info link.
- Select your organization's location from the Country dropdown.
- Type your organization's Postal code.
- Select Update billing info.