A security update for the .NET agent corrects an issue where query strings may be captured when using OpenRasta instrumentation.
Release date: January 9, 2019
Vulnerability identifier: NR19-01
The following New Relic agent versions are affected:
When using OpenRasta instrumentation, the full URL may be captured on instrumented requests. This may result in query strings being collected which can contain sensitive information
This vulnerability only exists when using OpenRasta instrumentation.
- Update to the latest New Relic .NET agent.
- Disable OpenRasta instrumentation.
New Relic is committed to the security of our customers and their data. If you believe you have found a security vulnerability in one of our products or websites, we welcome and greatly appreciate you reporting it to New Relic's coordinated disclosure program. For more information, see Reporting security vulnerabilities.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.