How to update the APM .NET agent.
- Refer to the release notes to find the latest version of the agent.
- Check the version of the .NET agent you currently have installed by using Windows Programs and Features or by using your Linux package manager.
- Follow the update instructions for your agent:
Use one of the following methods to update to the latest version of New Relic's .NET agent:
End of life notification: As of July 29, 2019, New Relic will no longer accept data from .NET agent versions earlier than 5.1.
These agent versions use an out-of-date protocol when communicating with New Relic's data collection services. In addition, many of these versions contain a potential security issue where they may incorrectly send sensitive data to the New Relic collector.
If you are considering updating a .NET Framework agent version that is lower than 7.0, review the following notes. To see the agent version you have, see Check agent version. For a full list of agent changes, see the .NET release notes.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.