Envision your data as a complex system of roads: you need to navigate the signs and signals along the way to quickly see and make meaning of the information you collect. New Relic's dashboards gather and chart the specific data you want to see, the way you want to see it, from anywhere in the New Relic platform.
With our dashboards you can customize and understand the data you collect. Explore your data and correlate connected sources with tailored, user-friendly charts, and quickly learn the state of your system and applications for faster, more efficient troubleshooting.
Use dashboards to:
- Drive insight with custom, high-density interactive visualizations with a consistent UI.
- Chart all the events and attributes from everywhere across our platform. For more information, see Data collection.
- Add custom attributes or send custom event types to most events in order to better understand your business, and see specific details about how your customers interact with your platform, such as page views, host transactions, etc.
- Manage your charts and dashboards easily using our quick-access CRUD menus and editing options.
- Explore and contextualize data with advanced tooltips and zoom-in functions to monitor what your systems are doing in real time.
- Search your dashboards for attributes and metrics.
- Send data to New Relic and your dashboards from any source.
Go to one.newrelic.com and click on Dashboards.
In the dashboards index, you can view all the dashboards and data apps associated with your New Relic account.
For each dashboard, the index displays the following information:
- Favorite status, indicated by a star
- Name: The name of the dashboard
- Account: The account the dashboard belongs to
- Created by: The user who created the dashboard
- Last edited: When the dashboard was last modified
- Created on: When the dashboard was created
Here you can carry out the following actions:
Dashboards have three types of permissions:
- Public - Read and write: All users have full rights to the dashboard.
- Public - Read only: All users are able to see the dashboard, but only you have full rights to work with the dashboard. Other users can access the dashboard but are not able to edit or delete it, although they can duplicate it.
- Private: Only you can see the dashboard. Everything but the metadata is hidden.
When you create a dashboard using the Create a dashboard button or by duplicating another dashboard, it will have Public - Read and write rights by default. Access the new dashboard to change this setting.
You can use our NerdGraph API to create and manage dashboards. Our API gives you access to more features than the UI: for example, you can create dashboards with data from multiple accounts.
You can also add tags with NerdGraph. You can filter your dashboards using tags, which can be helpful to identify users, accounts, locations, and more.
Dashboards offer intuitive visualization features and tools for advanced data exploration and fast troubleshooting.