After executing the Diagnostics CLI from your terminal, you will see the results for each task as they are completed. Tasks that result in a
Failure status code will log additional details regarding possible issues found during execution, along with troubleshooting suggestions and relevant links to documentation. If you use the
-attach flag, you can view your results in the UI
The Diagnostics CLI outputs any issues it found with your installation, along with troubleshooting suggestions.
The Diagnostics CLI outputs three files:
Diagnostics output files
A flattened folder structure with one or more config files and any existing logs from New Relic. Attach this file to your New Relic account. This archive also contains a copy of
Output of the individual tests. Attach this output to your New Relic account.
A list of files found. The
The Diagnostics CLI returns the following status codes after running:
Task successfully executed with no issues detected.
Task successfully executed. However, possible issues detected.
Task failed with issues detected.
Task unable to execute. This could be due to a permissions issues.
Task was determined irrelevant to detected environment and was not executed.
You can examine the
nrdiag-output.json output in the UI. The account you select is associated with the license key that was validated by the Diagnostics CLI for upload.
- Select an app in in the UI, then search for Diagnostics CLI Output. OR, click this Diagnostics CLI Output permalink to go directly to the page.
- Optional: Click the star next to the icon to add it to your favorites.
- Select an account from the Diagnostics CLI Output dropdown.
- Select from the list of your previous Diagnostics CLI runs for the selected account.
- For each task, review the list of results, and filter as needed. Click the button to list the specific results by status code.
- On the right side of the page, review the raw JSON of your results.