Your Android app exceeds the 64k limit for the total number of methods that can be referenced within a single Dalvik Executable file (DEX), including methods for frameworks, libraries, and your own Android app code. You see error messages from the agent such as these:
To fix build errors or runtime exceptions when using the latest Android build tool:
- Make sure you have the latest Android agent version.
- Enable multidex.
- Enable Proguard or Dexguard to optimize classes and methods in your DEX.
- If you still have problems with keeping your Android app under the 64k limit, use a keepfile.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.