Account administrators can set up configuration to receive push notifications on Android and iOS devices from New Relic Alerts. You can receive alerts from any policy by attaching a user channel to the policy.
When you log in to your New Relic account from an Android or iOS app, your device is automatically associated with your user channel. Be sure to add the associated user channel to the alert policy.
The notification automatically appears on your device's lock screen. To start the New Relic app:
Android devices: Tap the notification from the notification drawer.
iOS devices: Swipe the screen.
From the New Relic app's Alerts menu, select any alert to view error details for the associated application.
Optional: Select Acknowledge.
Optional: To view additional details, select Overview, Violations, or Event log.
The main menu's Alerts list shows alerts in the following order, sorted by time:
- Active incidents
- Resolved incidents from today
- Resolved incidents and events from the past week, organized by day
If alerts are not working on your mobile device:
- Verify that you meet the requirements.
- Verify that alerts are enabled.
- Check your mobile device's notification settings, to ensure New Relic is permitted to send alerts.
If the notification settings for your mobile device are correct, but you still do not receive notifications, delete the device from your account, then uninstall and reinstall the New Relic application.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.