Logs in context for the Java agent connects your logs and APM data in New Relic, giving full context to high-level events and providing high value data to specific log lines. Read on to learn how to configure logs in context and enrich your log data.
Compatibility and requirements
To use log management with the Java agent, ensure your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Log management enabled, with a compatible log forwarding plugin installed
- Java agent 5.6.0 or higher: Install or update
Configure logs in context for Java
Choose an extension to see specific instructions:
- Dropwizard v1.3 extension
- java.util.logging extension
- Logback extension
- Log4j 1.x extension
- Log4j 2.x extension
Use Spring or Spring Boot and not sure which extension you need? See our Spring documentation.
Now that you've set up APM logs in context, here are some potential next steps:
- Explore your data using the Logs UI.
- Troubleshoot errors with distributed tracing, stack traces, application logs, and more.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards or alerts.