If your company uses multiple New Relic accounts across teams, you can add charts to other account dashboards for a more complete understanding of your company's data.
Requirements and permissions
In order to add a chart to another account you must:
- Ensure the target dashboard is set to Editable by others in my account.
- Be a registered user on the target account.
Users in the target account can:
- View the query (if dashboard is set to Viewable by others).
- View and edit the query (if dashboard is set to Editable by others in my account).
If the user viewing the target dashboard is not registered as a user in the source account, the chart does not load.
Add a chart to another account's dashboard
You can also select the source account from the account switcher in the query tool to query the source account's data and copy the resulting chart to a dashboard.
To add a chart to another account's dashboard:
- Ensure the requirements are met.
- Run your NRQL query, copy an existing chart, or select Add to an Insights dashboard under an existing UI chart.
From the Copy chart modal, select the account dropdown at the top.
- Search for and select the target account's dashboard where you want to add your chart.
- Select Copy.