If you are using browser to monitor your application, you can manually disable monitoring for your app or for specific pages. Reasons for turning off browser monitoring on certain pages include:
- Some pages may not be relevant for monitoring.
- You want to monitor only specific pages.
- You want to remove the browser script for troubleshooting purposes.
To disable browser on a specific page or URL, follow the procedures based on your deployment method:
To turn off monitoring for specific domains or sub-domains, update your browser domain conditions.
- Go to one.newrelic.com, click on Browser > (select a browser app) > Settings > Application settings.
- To disable only the Pro account level features, select Lite.
- To turn off browser monitoring completely, select Off.
- Select Save application settings.
- If applicable, restart your APM agent.
When browser monitoring is off, the agent will not instrument pages with monitoring scripts.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.