APM's scalability analysis report shows response time, database utilization, and CPU utilization compared to app load as scatter plot charts. This helps you analyze performance and potential hardware needs as your app grows.
To view the report for your app:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > APM > (select an app) > Reports > Scalability.
- From the Scalability analysis page, select the tab to view scatter plot charts for Response time, Database, or CPU.
- From the individual chart tab, select the time period.
- Select or clear the Filter outliers checkbox.
- Use any of New Relic's standard page functions to drill down into detailed information.
The scalability analysis report includes three charts.
This chart plots your application's response time in milliseconds, versus application load in terms of requests per minute. For an application that is scaling well, the response time should be at or close to horizontal.
This chart plots your application's database utilization versus application load in terms of requests per minute. For an application that is scaling well, you should see a roughly linear pattern in the plotted points
This chart plots your application's CPU time per request for the Rails process, versus application load in terms of requests per minute. For an application that is scaling well, you should see a roughly linear pattern in the plotted points.
Each scalability analysis report includes options to view the data for different time periods, including the last 24 hours, last 7 days, or other. For example, if you select Use time window selection and the time picker uses the default value (last 30 minutes, ending now), the chart shows only the data for the last 30 minutes.
APM includes several reports in the user interface. To gather, analyze, and visualize data about your software in other formats, use query builder.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.