The status monitor is a deprecated diagnostic and status tool for New Relic's .NET agent. It is designed to:
- Give you visibility into the current status of the .NET agent running on your server.
- Help you fix common installation issues.
- Provide a quick link to each of your instrumented applications in newrelic.com.
- Provide quick access to the New Relic log file for each instrumented application.
For additional help, view the New Relic .NET agent's troubleshooting documentation.
View the status of monitored apps
The status monitor provides visibility into which applications are currently being instrumented by the .NET agent and the status of each application. You will not see any data on an application unless there has been traffic on it recently. In order to conserve your system resources, the status monitor does not automatically refresh.
To launch the status monitor:
From your Windows Start menu or Start screen, search for
- Right-click the New Relic icon in the Windows task bar status area (system tray), then select Monitored applications.
- To view whether an application is being instrumented, make sure all of its checkboxes are green.
- After you select a specific application, select any of the available options to view the app in New Relic, view log files, repair the installation if errors are found, or refresh and then view the latest status for your monitored processes and applications.
New Relic's .NET agent installation is robust and simple to use. However, there are certain scenarios when previous installations may conflict with the latest version. To fix common problems, repair your installation:
From the status monitor's list of apps, select an app, then select Repair installation.
From the Windows system tray, select the New Relic icon, then select Tools > Repair installation.
- After the installation repair is finished: From the command line, perform an