The .NET agent has been installed and the required App Settings are set, but no data appears, and no New Relic logs are created in
D:\Home\Logfiles\NewRelic\. In addition, when you use the Azure Kudu console's Process Explorer to inspect your application's Environment Variables, it shows the
COR_PROFILER_PATH_32 are set and pointing to the following:
D:\Program Files (x86)\SiteExtensions\InstrumentationEngine\1.0.19\Instrumentation64\MicrosoftInstrumentationEngine_x64.dll
The .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) only allows one profiler. If Microsoft's Application Insights profiler is installed on the system, the New Relic profiler will not instrument any applications, and no data will appear. For more information, see the Microsoft Azure Web Apps documentation.
To resolve this issue, remove or disable Application Insights from your application.
To remove the Application Insights Site Extension:
- Remove the Application Insights Key from Application > Settings > Application Settings and Save.
- Remove the extension from Application > Tools > Extensions. Right-click the extension and Delete.
- Remove the Tile Add-On from your Application Panel (if present).
- Restart your application.
To disable Application Insights through the Azure Portal: Go to the Application Insights panel under the Settings. This may restart your app.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.