If your application targets .NET Framework 4.0 or lower,
Always On will still interfere with the agent and the workarounds below are still applicable.
You installed New Relic's .NET agent through Microsoft Azure Web Apps and are using Azure's
Always On setting. After generating some traffic and waiting a few minutes for data collection to start for your app, data still does not appear in the APM user interface.
If no data appears within five minutes, Azure's
Always On setting may be conflicting with New Relic. This feature is only available in Azure's Basic and Standard modes.
Always On setting prevents the environment variable
APP_POOL_ID from being set. New Relic's .NET agent needs this environment variable to get the app name. If the agent cannot determine an application name, then it won't start up.
If you are using Microsoft's Standard or Basic tiers with the Azure Portal, ensure that the
Always On setting is disabled.
- In the Azure Portal, select (your app) > Settings > Application Settings.
- Set the
Always Ontoggle to
Here are some other options you can try. If these do not work, you must turn off the
Always On setting.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.