If you encounter problems using New Relic, get support at support.newrelic.com.
If you need to uninstall New Relic completely, follow the procedures for your agent.
Uninstall New Relic APM
- Go: Uninstall instructions
- Java: Uninstall instructions
- .NET: Uninstall instructions
- Node.js: Uninstall instructions
- PHP: Uninstall instructions
- Python: Uninstall instructions
- Ruby: Uninstall instructions
Uninstall New Relic Servers
- RedHat and CentOS: Uninstall instructions
- Ubuntu and Debian: Uninstall instructions
- Other Linux: Uninstall instructions
- Windows: Uninstall instructions
Uninstall New Relic Browser
To uninstall New Relic Browser, see Delete apps from New Relic Browser.
Restart the app or server
After uninstalling New Relic or making a change to your startup script, you must restart your app (or the app server or web server where it is located). You must do this because New Relic agents typically run in the memory of the process running the app. In other words: simply removing those files will not stop the applications that are currently running from sending data to New Relic.
Remove from New Relic interface
To remove your app from the New Relic UI, see Remove apps and servers from New Relic User Interface.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Remove applications and servers (how to delete a non-reporting app or server from the index in New Relic)
- Delete apps from New Relic Browser (remove applications from showing up in the Browser interface)
- Disable Browser monitoring for specific pages (turn off Browser on pages you do not want to monitor)