If you encounter problems using New Relic, get support at support.newrelic.com. If you need to uninstall New Relic completely, follow the procedures for your agent.
Uninstall New Relic APM
- Go: Uninstall instructions
- Java: Uninstall instructions
- .NET: Uninstall instructions
- Node.js: Uninstall instructions
- PHP: Uninstall instructions
- Python: Uninstall instructions
- Ruby: Uninstall instructions
Uninstall New Relic Servers
- RedHat and CentOS: Uninstall instructions
- Ubuntu and Debian: Uninstall instructions
- Other Linux: Uninstall instructions
- Windows: Uninstall instructions
Restart the app or server
After uninstalling New Relic or making a change to your startup script, you must restart your app (or the app server or web server where it is located). You must do this because New Relic agents typically run in the memory of the process running the app. Simply removing those files will not stop the applications that are currently running from sending data to New Relic.
Uninstall New Relic Browser
You can disable New Relic Browser monitoring for specific pages you do not want to monitor. However, to uninstall New Relic Browser, you must delete each app you do not want to monitor.
Uninstall New Relic Infrastructure
- New Relic Infrastructure agent: Follow the uninstall instructions for your operating system.
- Infrastructure Integrations: Follow the uninstall instructions to disable the services or to unlink your AWS account completely from New Relic as appropriate.
Remove apps from New Relic UI
You can remove any of your apps from the New Relic UI without needing to uninstall the agent. However, if you are using New Relic Browser, you must disable Browser monitoring for an app before you can remove that app from New Relic APM.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: