After your SAML SSO login is configured, tested, and enabled, all of your New Relic account users (including the account Owner and Admins) must use your organization's SSO URL to sign in to New Relic. Their email address must match what has been set up in New Relic. Also, their ability to use the SSO URL to access applications other than New Relic will depend on their permissions set in those applications.
For requirements, including which New Relic users this feature applies to, see Requirements.
To update SAML Single Sign On information:
- Sign in to New Relic by using your SAML SSO login URL.
- Go to: account dropdown > Account settings > Security and authentication > Single sign on.
- To temporarily turn off the SAML integration with New Relic and update your settings, select Disable SAML login.
- Optional: To change your existing SAML certificate, select Choose file. Follow standard procedures to select and save the file, then save.
- Optional: To change your existing SSO URLs, copy and paste in (or type) the Remote login URL or Logout landing URL, then save.
Owner or Admins
Account Owners or Admins must ensure that users' email addresses to sign in to New Relic match their SSO email. Account Owners, Admins and users cannot update email addresses on SAML authenticated accounts.
To update user information for your organization's New Relic account:
- Go to: account dropdown > Account settings > Account > Summary.
- From the Users list, select any of the options to add new users, edit existing users' roles, or delete them.
No one using the account, including the Owner and Admins, can sign in to New Relic directly. If you get locked out of SSO and need to disable it or change the configuration, get support at support.newrelic.com.