With the fourth major version of the iOS agent, New Relic Mobile includes crash reporting. This new feature changes the standard installation procedures, including:
- A post build script is required to upload dSYMs so that crash reports can be properly interpreted.
- An additional framework (libc++.dylib) must be added to projects including New Relic.
Before upgrading to agent version 4, you must identify which agent version your app currently includes by enabling logging in the New Relic agent. The version number appears in each New Relic log message. This example shows major version 4, build 73:
2014-10-01 14:04:26.554 MobileDemo [12345:6789012] NewRelic (4.73, 0x7fabc98760d0) : NRMAHarvester m:448 -NRMA ConfigureFromCollector:] ...
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.