If you need to monitor old versions of Android, you can use legacy versions of the Android agent:
- To support Android versions lower than 4.0, use version 5.19.1 or earlier of the Android SDK. This is referred to as the legacy version.
- To support Android 2.2 specifically, use version 4.244.0 or earlier of the Android SDK.
Recommendation: If you don't need to monitor these legacy versions of Android, install or upgrade to the latest version of the agent instead. Using the latest version will give you richer data about app performance, crashes, and interactions.
If you have previously installed a version of the Android SDK, follow the steps before upgrading to the latest version. Then follow standard installation and configuration procedures for the Android agent.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.