Use the Fluent Bit output plugin to easily forward your logs to New Relic. This plugin is also provided in a standalone Docker image that can be installed in a Kubernetes cluster in the form of a DaemonSet, which we refer as the Kubernetes plugin.
To forward your logs to New Relic using the Kubernetes plugin, ensure your configuration meets the following requirements:
Enable Kubernetes for logs management
To enable logs management with the Fluent Bit Kubernetes plugin:
- Install the Kubernetes plugin.
- When installing the plugin as a Helm chart, you can set numerous configurations. However, we recommend the standard setup, as it is valid for most users.
- Generate some traffic and wait a few minutes, then check your account for data.
View log data
If everything is configured correctly and your data is being collected, you should see data logs in both of these places:
- New Relic Logs UI
- New Relic tools for running NRQL queries. For example, you can execute a query like this:
SELECT * FROM Log
Now that you've enabled Logs, here are some potential next steps:
- Explore your data using the Logs UI.
- Configure your agent to see contextual log data, such as distributed tracing, stack traces, application logs, and more.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards or alerts.
If no data appears after you enable New Relic Logs, follow the troubleshooting procedures.