You're not seeing session traces for your browser application.
- Check if you are using multiple names for your application. Session traces are written only to the primary application.
- If you are using multiple names, check your APM application names to verify that the app is listed first.
- If the application is not listed first, look for session traces in the application name listed first instead.
Other reasons that you may not see session trace data include:
- The end users are not using browsers that support the Resource Timing API.
- The end users cannot post data to the
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Session traces: Exploring a webpage's life cycle (overview of New Relic Browser's session traces feature)
- Session trace requirements (requirements to use New Relic Browser's session traces feature)
- Troubleshooting browser monitoring installation (troubleshooting tips for deploying apps that New Relic APM also monitors)
- Troubleshooting AJAX data collection (specific tips if you are missing AJAX data)
- Using multiple names for an app (overview of naming apps and rolling up data reporting per name)