In order to provide a unified experience, we're deprecating Browser, Mobile, and Monitor (Synthetics) violations and replacing them with the New Relic One equivalent. You will see alert details automatically when navigating to
one.newrelic.com. For more information, see the documentation about Applied Intelligence and alerting in New Relic One and the July 2020 Explorers Hub post.
Good alerts help notify individuals or teams about changes in their systems. Alerts provides a single, coordinated alerting tool across New Relic products. This allows you to manage alert policies and conditions that focus on the metrics for entities (such as browser apps or key transactions in Browser monitoring) that you care about the most.
After you set up one or more alert policies and define alert conditions for your product entities (targets), you can view that information in the Alerts & AI UI. You can also view alert policy information in the UI for individual products.
View policies and conditions from Browser
To view alert policy and condition information for a specific browser app or key transaction:
Browser app: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on Browser > (select a browser app) > Settings > Alert conditions.
Key transaction: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on More > Key transactions > (select a key transaction) > Settings > Alert conditions.
- From the Alert conditions page, use the available tools to search, sort, view, or update the alert conditions and their associated policies.
View events and activities from Browser
To view summary information about events and other activity:
Browser app: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on Browser
Key transaction: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on More > Key transactions.
- From the index, mouse over the entity's color-coded health status, select a link from the Browser activity list, or select a specific browser app or key transaction to view additional details.
For example, if a Critical alert violation occurs:
- The health status indicator turns red on the Browser index and on the selected browser app.
- The background color for various charts changes to pink.
- The Browser activity list on the Browser index shows Warning (yellow) and Critical (red) violations as applicable.
To learn more about the violation in Alerts, mouse over or select any pink area on a chart. For more information and examples, see View events from their products.
View alert violations from Browser
If an alert condition has thresholds set up for Warning (yellow) or Critical (red) violations, the color-coded health status for a product entity will change to indicate a violation. You can view the violations directly from the browser app's or key transaction's page in Browser:
Browser app: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on Browser > (select a browser app), and check the violations on the right panel.
Key transaction: Go to one.newrelic.com and click on More > Key transactions > (select a key transaction) > Events > Violations.
- From the Violations page, use the available tools to search, sort, or view violations for the selected browser app or key transaction.
- Optional: To view or update the alert policies, conditions, or thresholds that triggered the violations, select the corresponding link.
You can also view Warning and Critical violations from the New Relic One Alerts & AI UI for specific incidents or for incidents and events across all products. Alerts sends alert notifications only for Critical (red) violations.