As of April 2022, we're discontinuing support for several capabilities, including the C SDK. For more details, including how you can easily prepare for this transition, see our Explorers Hub post.
To ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the New Relic C SDK for your application's code library, check the release notes.
To update your application's code library to the latest version of New Relic's C SDK:
- Review the C SDK library changes to verify your code is compatible.
- Manually update the code for your app as applicable.
- Compile the C SDK code, using the
makecommand, to create the latest version of the
libnewrelic.aand link it into your application or service.
- If applicable, redeploy your application to your test environment.
- Generate traffic for your application, then check your its
newrelic-daemon.logoutput for any errors.
- Redeploy your application to your production environment.
- Wait a few minutes for your application to send data to New Relic. Then, check your application's performance in New Relic.
If no data appears within a few minutes, follow the troubleshooting tips.