After installing the New Relic PHP agent, generating some traffic, and waiting at least five minutes, no data appears in your New Relic UI.
If no data appears after you generate traffic to your app and wait at least five minutes, use New Relic Diagnostics to automatically detect common problems and suggest troubleshooting. If that does not solve the problem, try the following:
PHP agent troubleshooting
Make sure your system meets the PHP agent's compatibility and requirements.
Non-standard PHP version
If you are using a non-standard version of PHP, follow the advanced installation procedures to make sure the default installer can find your version of PHP.
Make sure your apps have a descriptive, unique name. For example, if you have multiple apps with the same name, such as the default app name
Restart your web server (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, etc.), and wait a few minutes for data to appear.
If your system uses SELinux, configure SELinux to work with the PHP agent.
PHP agent permissions
Make sure you have the correct permissions to use the PHP agent.
If none of these solutions solve the problem, see the troubleshooting procedures for:
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Suggest a change and learn how to contribute to our PHP agent open source repository.
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.