You encounter problems with your New Relic for PHP installation but are not sure what is the cause.
Monitoring your New Relic logs may help diagnose the problem. The New Relic PHP agent and daemon have their own logs. To monitor the logs:
- Check both logs for content:
- Set the log level for each to
verbosedebugfor more information:
- Restart your app.
- Collect 5 to 10 minutes of log time with your log level set to
- Examine your logs and use the information to diagnose the problem.
- When you are finished troubleshooting, reset the logs' levels. Do not keep them at
Watch the size of your log files. Depending on your application, they can grow very quickly.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.