To create a New Relic account, go to New Relic's signup page. Or, if you have a specific offer from a New Relic partner, follow their link directly.
From the signup page, follow the online steps to create your account and agree to the Terms of Service. When you receive an email confirmation message, select the link to confirm your account, sign in to New Relic, and complete the deployment process.
In order for New Relic to function and report your application's performance data, your app must be able to connect to the New Relic servers. In addition to creating a New Relic account, you must deploy the appropriate New Relic agent and give your app a meaningful name.
If you have not already installed and deployed the agent, instructions automatically appear after you sign in to New Relic. For more information, refer to your specific New Relic agent's instructions about compatibility and requirements, installation, and configuration.
Within a few minutes after deploying the agent, performance data about your app will appear on New Relic APM's Applications Overview dashboard.
Signup offers and promotions
If your signup offer includes a t-shirt, book, or other promotional materials, you will receive an email from a New Relic vendor (for example, Printfection) to confirm details about where to mail the promotional item. In most cases, this information is sent after you have completed the following steps:
- Sign up for a New Relic account.
- Deploy the New Relic agent, or, in the case of partner promotions, install the add-on.
- Configure the agent to report data on your applications back to New Relic.
To confirm that these steps are complete, make sure there are applications in New Relic APM's Applications list and that they are reporting data. It may take ten minutes or more after deploying before data begins to appear.
- Log in to your New Relic account.
- From the New Relic APM menu bar, select Applications.
- Select any application.
Note: Most promotions have expiration dates and may be limited to new accounts in specific countries or geographic locations. Details are included in the initial promotional mailing.
If you receive failure errors when trying to sign up, this is most likely because of a third party password manager that is triggering New Relic's spam trap. To work around this, bypass your password manager, or sign up with a different browser.
If you receive a message that your account already exists, see Email or password problems to regain access to your account.
Email or password problems
If you cannot locate your original account confirmation email or have forgotten your account password:
- Go to New Relic's login page at https://rpm.newrelic.com.
- Select Forgot your password.
- Type your account email address, and select Send my password.
The system will verify whether your account has been confirmed. When you receive an email confirmation message, select the link to sign in again.
- If your account has been confirmed, you will receive an email with a password reset link. The password reset link expires after one hour for the user interface and after 20 minutes for mobile.
- If your account has not been confirmed, you will receive an email with an account confirmation link.
- If you do not receive an email from New Relic, check your spam filters, contact your organization's email administrator for troubleshooting suggestions, or get support at support.newrelic.com.
Note: If your organization uses a SAML Single Sign On (SSO) solution and you need to reset your password, contact your organization's system administrator or IT department as applicable.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Finding help (resources available through the online Help Center)
- The New Relic user interface (overview of how to use the UI)
- Subscription information (overview of pricing, billing and credit card options, taxes, and contact information for upgrading, changing, canceling, or deleting your New Relic account)
- License key (your New Relic license key, available from (account) > Account settings)