If you have already created an account, but are having trouble logging in, see Troubleshoot password or login problems.
Add to whitelist
New Relic recommends that you add
*@mailer-d.newrelic.com to your whitelist of trusted email sources. This helps to:
- Prevent New Relic emails from being trapped in your spam filters.
- Prevent your email from being added to suppression lists.
For help with whitelisting email addresses, contact your organization's email administrator.
Sign up for New Relic account
- Follow the online steps to create your account.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- When you receive an email confirmation message, select the link to confirm your account, sign in to New Relic, and complete the deployment process.
Here are some troubleshooting tips:
|New account signup||If you have problems when signing up for your New Relic account, select the link at the bottom of the signup page to start a chat session with New Relic.|
|Account login||If you have password or email problems, or if you have problems logging in to New Relic after you sign up for an account, see New Relic's troubleshooting tips.|
Deploy the New Relic agent
In order for New Relic to function and report your application's performance data, your app must be able to connect to the New Relic servers. In addition to signing up for a New Relic account, you must:
- Follow your specific New Relic agent's installation instructions to deploy the agent (or, for partner promotions, to install the add-on).
- Adjust your New Relic agent configuration settings to include your New Relic license key.
- Give your app a meaningful name.
- Wait approximately ten minutes after deploying the agent for New Relic to start reporting performance data for your app.
- Verify that data begins to appear in your app's New Relic APM Overview page.
The installation and configuration setup instructions (at rpm.newrelic.com/applications/setup) automatically appear after you sign up for your New Relic account. If you decide to deploy the agent later, New Relic's login page (https://login.newrelic.com/login/) will automatically redirect to the agent instructions the next time you log in.
Confirm your promotional offer
If your signup offer includes a t-shirt, book, or other promotional materials, you will receive an email from a New Relic vendor (for example, Printfection) to confirm details about where to mail the promotional item. Most promotions have expiration dates and may be limited to new accounts in specific countries or geographic locations. Details are included in the initial promotional mailing.
In most cases, this information is sent after you have completed the installation and configuration procedures to deploy the New Relic agent. For more information, see New Relic's troubleshooting tips for receiving your promotional item.
For more help
For a library of videos about using New Relic products and features, visit New Relic University.
Additional documentation resources include:
- Finding help (resources available through the online Help Center)
- User interface functions (overview of how to use the UI)
- Account pricing and billing information (use self-service options from the account dropdown in the UI, and find resources to change your billing or product subscription level)
- Create multiple accounts (using the same email address to create multiple accounts with the same or different subscription levels)
- Create sub-accounts (creating a master account with sub-accounts for managing different applications or for limiting users to apps relevant to their group)